Add a short title here GDPR - GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
Why and How to adapt Your Website to the GDPR regulations by May 2018 if you do not want to receive a Fine Salary!
What are the obligations for site owners or eCommerce?
- which areas of your site collect data where are they stored (on your site? In an external system? Which one?)
- the use you make of them (newsletter? Contractual requirements? Advertising profiling?)
- how long you keep them
- what consent have you obtained
- data security and risks in the event of theft
How to adapt your site or eCommerce?
- monitor the services on the site that store users’ personal data
- compare the information stored with the new regulation ones
- trace and preserve the consent offered by users who visit the site
- the way to mange and store sensitive data;
- cookies and the banner for consent on cookies. The consent must comply with the new requirements of the new policy privacy;
GDPR and Website: right to delete personal data
GDPR and Website: registration of Logs
GDPR and Website: right to be informed
GDPR and Website: the rights of the person concerned
GDPR and Website: the newsletter
GDPR and Website: the management of personal data
Add a short title here In short, it is possible to list the main steps to ensure a GDPR-compliant website, with the specific actions that administrators should follow:
GDPR and Website: checklist
- Verify all personal data collected
- Update the privacy police
- Make cookie alerts successful
- Create simple opt-in processes that are granular (depending on the treatment)
- Review the data acquisition feature
- Make the possibility of managing / deleting data immediately
- Apply an encryption level to the data on the disk and for the information in the databases
- Check that all modules are not “flagged” by default. The user must confirm the sending of the information
- Enable a procedure to facilitate the deletion of data of a particular user
- Enable a procedure that guarantees data portability
- Register and monitor system logs for administrators and webmasters
Why to be in order?
This is a law that therefore provides for penalties. The new regulation provides for controls by the police and, in case of violation, it could cost you a lot(certainly more than it costs to put in order).
By the date of May 25, 2018, each Member State will also have to set up a particular company that will have the task of checking all the websites and their compliance with the new law. In case of violations, this company will indicate the corrective measures which the interested parties will have to adapt.
How to solve the problem!
What do you need? You needs 2 figures, the lawyer for the legislative part and the web agency for the technical part. Do not wait more, May is near and the sanctions are around the corner.